Best Practices in 401(k) Plan Administration
Even if an audit is not required of your company’s 401(k) plan, the plan administrator, trustee and others acting on behalf of the plan participants are still required to meet their fiduciary responsibility. That includes acting with due care, following the plan document, diversifying plan investments, and paying only reasonable plan expenses. Read our article for more information.
Congratulations to our newly certified CPAs, Deborah Jacobs and Jarom Haynie. Deborah joined the firm in 2013 and is a Supervisor in our ARSA Solutions group. She graduated from the University Alabama in Huntsville with a BSBA in Accounting in 2004. Deborah is a Certified QuickBooks Advanced ProAdvisor and works with our CFO Services, Outsourced Accounting and Small Business Services clients. Jarom joined the firm in 2016 and is a Senior Accountant in our Audit & Assurance group. He graduated from Athens State University, summa cum laude, with a BS in Accounting in 2015. Jarom works with our Construction, Employee Benefit Plan, Government Contracting, Manufacturing and Not for Profit clients. We are very proud to have them on our team!
We are so excited to welcome Hunter Meeks and Taylor Propst to the ARSA family! These two absolutely shined during their internship and we are proud to now have them on the team as Staff Accountants.
We were honored to be a Silver Sponsor of the SBDC Small Business Expo and our very own Scott Hand, CPA was asked to present on Trends in Taxation. Hope you could make it but if not check out the link for more about the UAH Small Business Development Center! https://www.uah.edu/sbdc
Important Dates to Keep in Mind
- 1040 Individual income tax deadline. Due date for all calendar year personal tax returns. If filing an extension, remember that an extension is an extension of time to file, not pay
- 1st Quarter Personal estimated payment due date. If required to pay estimated taxes, this is the first installment of 4 Quarters
- 1st Quarter Corporate estimated payment due date
- Form 1041 deadline (Estates and Trusts), may extend to 10/1/18
- FBAR FinCEN Form 114 deadline (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts), may receive automatic extension until 10/15/18
- Form 1120 (C-Corporation deadline), may file extension to 10/15/18
- Form 941 deadline (payroll tax)
- Form 990 deadline, may extend to 11/15/18
- 2nd Quarter Personal estimated payment due date
- 2nd Quarter Corporate estimated payment due date
- Incurred Cost Submission due date
ARSA is pleased to announce the firm’s continued growth in the Central Florida market. We have hired Mary Manning, CPA, to support the growing demand of our Florida clients. Mary has an MBA from the University of Wisconsin and more than 30 years’ experience in business finance. She brings vast knowledge in corporate controllership, government contracting, manufacturing, financial analysis, strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, and systems implementation to the ARSA family. We are excited to have her join our team!
ARSA was excited to participate in the Huntsville GovCon Growth Summit at the Jackson Center today with Unanet. The day kicked off with a presentation by the Bloomberg Government analyst team, reviewing the Huntsville market and discussing the growth opportunities available to the region. Our very own, Brandon Smith, CPA, moderated a CFO panel, featuring four local CFOs. A third presentation by local firm H2L Solutions was given discussing the top cybersecurity controls and mitigation to grow your business. The event was a big success!